The next Beers and Ideas is a big one! Beers and Big Ideas in fact! Join us from 6pm on Wednesday 1st August at the Lighthouse Theatre.
Guest speaker Gilbert Rochecouste
is recognised locally and Internationally as a leading voice in Placemaking and the creation of vibrant, resilient and loved places. He is a sought after speaker and skilled facilitator for community and stakeholder engagement activities and has worked with over 1000 cities, towns, mainstreets and communities over the past 25 years. Gilbert leads a team of Placemakers, researchers and designers at his organisation - The Village Well.
To list just a few of his project highlights
- City of Melbourne Food Truck Policy
- Abbotsford Convent Vision
- Flinders Lane and Degraves Street Activation & Place Vision
- Creation of Queen Victoria Summer Night Markets
We're thrilled to have Gilbert at Beers and Big Ideas, and thank WCC for making this happen.
Big venue, big audience, big ideas!
At regular Beers and Ideas events, local people present their placemaking ideas for Warrnambool to an audience, who each pay $10 for a drink and a vote. The idea with the most votes is funded with all of the money raised on the door.
At Beers and Big Ideas, we'll be changing things a little to maximise the funding we can raise for the winning idea:
- Entry will be by donation, but the minimum donation will be the standard entry price – $10 for adults and $5 for children
- Council will again match funding up to $1,500 and help out with any permits, permission or resources where possible.
- We’ll help the winner set-up and promote a Go Fund Me campaign if your target budget isn't met on the night
Submissions to Beer and BIG Ideas can be anywhere in Warrnambool!
Entries for Beers and BIG Ideas are now open, but this time, we’ll only be accepting submissions for groups of two or more. Get a team together, share your ideas, have a chat over a couple of ginger beers or actual beers and make it fun! Make your idea the best it can possibly be.